2014 Allstate Sugar Bowl Lacrosse Classic
Varsity / Junior Varsity / Freshmen Tournament Rules
Sportsmanship: Expected of all players, coaches and fans.
1. Coaches will have the teams assembled and ready to take the field 15 minutes before game time.
2. NCAA Rules will apply if not noted. Texas High School Lacrosse League rule waivers do apply – i.e., free clear on all offsides
3. no stick checks unless requested by head coach.
4. First team listed is the Visiting Team and will wear dark jerseys.
1. All games are two 20-minute periods with a continuously running clock with the exception of Varsity who will play two 22-minute running periods.
2. Halftime is 5 minutes.
3. One timeout of one-minute per period, per team is allowed. Game clock continues to run during any time out by a team.
4. Penalty time stops during timeout.
5. Player serving a penalty cannot reenter the field until the next live ball if his time expires while play is stopped.
6. No timeout during the last two minutes of a period.
7. Referee may stop play for injury. Game clock continues to run.
8. Referee may stop the clock.
9. Penalties count as 1.5 times. 1 minute penalty = 1.5 minutes; technical, usually 30 seconds = 45 seconds.
10. Fields, Nets, Goals and field dimensions are accepted as provided.
11. Referees have on-field authority.
12. Tournament Director has final decision authority.
Ranking of Teams:
1. Junior Varsity teams will be grouped into two pools.
2. Each pool will play with in their respective pool.
3. Win/Loss record will determine ranking within the pool.
4. In the event of a tie the following tiebreakers will be applied in the order listed below:
a) Point system - 3 points for a win / 1 point for a tie
b) Head to head (2 way tie only / will not be used in the case of of a 3-way or more tie)
c) Goals allowed
d) Goals scored
e) Coin toss
5. The final ranking of the pool play will determine the match-up in the Championship Round. Win/Loss from within the Championship round will determine the final order of finish.
There are no events at this time.